Sports Rehabilitation Rehab Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a serious athlete, sports injuries are a fact of life. A twisted ankle or an aching back can usually be treated at home. But for those breaks and tears that call for immediate medical attention, or those pains that just aren’t going away, physical therapy is often a critical part of the healing process.
Sports Rehab Program in Morganfield
Our team offers sports rehabilitation to get you back on the court or field. A specialized practice that focuses on the prevention, evaluation and treatment of physical activity, as well as rehabilitation and performance enhancement, is our sports physical therapy program. These include pre-participation screenings and equipment recommendations. To help you get your strength and confidence back, sports physical therapists use the latest research in their athlete therapy.
These are the intervention methods that our sports medicine physical therapists offer:
- Performance enhancement
- Prevention of injury
- Acute sports injuries can be managed and treated on-site
- Rehabilitation and treatment
Sports injuries are not limited to those they affect. Patients of all ages and medical conditions can suffer from a variety of health problems. There are many options for pain management depending on the severity and particularity of your condition. Athletes can take steps to ensure their safety by becoming familiar with the potential injuries they may sustain in their sport and practicing helpful stretching and strengthening exercises to improve muscle stability. Even with the best protection tips, athletes still have the potential to be injured. Targeted physical therapy can help heal even the most severe injuries. An awkward landing, overtraining or improper stretching can all lead to sports injuries. Athletes need to be supported by physical therapists. They can help them prioritize an exercise program that educates them on self-care tips and how to avoid injuries. These facts can help you to address your injuries.
- Most common injuries to sports are minor bruising and sprains. However, some injuries can be more serious.
- Concussions and herniated disks are more severe.
- Many injuries can be prevented by properly stretching before engaging in strenuous activity.
- To strengthen their muscles and joints, every athlete should exercise daily. Stretching should be done before and after each practice, game, or workout. This will increase blood flow, flexibility, and stretch muscles.
- Some injuries can be treated at-home, but you should contact your doctor or physical therapist if your pain persists. After about one month of at-home treatment, your swelling should decrease and your bruising should improve. You should consult a professional if you continue to notice discoloration or swelling after the first month.
- Your range of motion, flexibility and strength will be tested at your first appointment for physical therapy. This will help determine the cause of your injury. Your therapist and you will develop a plan together to improve your strength and muscles and prevent future injury.
Without the help of a physical therapist, sports injuries can be a daunting concern. You will not only be able to recover faster and more efficiently but also you can avoid further injury by following self-proclaimed treatment plans. Advance PT is proud to have a team of therapists who are experts in treating athletic injuries. No limitations, we can help you get back in your ring.
Common Sports Injuries We Treat in Morganfield
Whether it’s an immediate, dramatic break or damage that accumulates over time, sports can do some serious damage. The workout-related problems we frequently treat include:
- Repetitive stress conditions. Arthritis and tendonitis often stem from sports moves like swinging a racket or throwing a ball. Joints and muscles can become inflamed in vulnerable areas, including shoulders, elbows, hips, ankles, and knees.
- Torn tendons and ligaments. Those dramatic jumps, twists, and stretches can result in equally dramatic “snapped” tissues, especially in the knees, shoulders, and groin. Surgery followed by physical therapy is often the prescription.
- Strained back. Sometimes that sore lower back pain just won’t go away with basic home care. In such cases, we’ll work with you to rebuild strength and flexibility.
- Fractures and breaks. When you have a bone injury during a game or workout, a trip to the emergency room usually results in a cast to promote healing. But as your bone is recovering, the muscles around it are weakening. Physical therapy helps to strengthen the affected area following a fracture.
Sports Injury Therapy and Prevention in Morganfield
Some sports injuries require surgery or other medical procedures as the first line of defense. In fact, postoperative physical therapy is key for transitioning back to normalcy. Similarly, when your injury requires a cast or some form of bracing, our team will help you rebound from the diminished strength and range of movement that happens while the limb is out of commission.
Athletes know that the best way to avoid injury or reinjury is to build up strength and flexibility. Working out at the gym is great, but our physical therapists will guide you through specific moves that help you avoid future injuries based on your sport and your specific build. We’ll also talk you through strategies you can implement when you’re back on the field.
Start Your Recovery
Don’t wait to begin your sports injury recovery or prevention program. Our dedicated team of physical therapists is trained in the specific art of dealing with sports injuries, and we’ll have you back to fighting form in no time! Contact us to schedule an appointment to get back to the sport you love as soon as possible.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
My 14-year-old daughter had a devastating knee injury playing basketball. She spent 14 weeks in physical therapy with Isaac and made a full recovery faster than expected by her surgeon. We are so pleased with the compassion and care Isaac provided. We highly recommend Erving Physical Therapy for all your therapy needs.
Had the best experience at EPT, they are the best people. Always makes you feel welcome and is always interested in you and how not just your improvement in therapy but you life at home. I have had therapy at other places and I most definitely had the best experience at EPT. Thank you guys so much for all you did for me. I will miss you guys.